By default McAfee Enterprise, and some other versions, automatically block port 25 by default. This is an Anti-MailWorm feature. To disable it, do the following:
- Rt Click on the McAfee icon in your system tray
- Select “Open VirusScan Console” or Manage Features > VirusScan Enterprise. Depending on the version you have.
- Double click on Access Protection Properties, this will open the dialog for this area
- Under Anti-Virus Standard protection there is a rule that is set to block, it is “Prevent Mass Mailing Worms from Sending Mail
- Uncheck the box under BLOCK and you are all set….click ok, and try it again. A reboot is NOT needed.