To create and import self-signed SSL certificates:
- Create an untrusted certificate for the HTTP service host with the command:keytool -keystore certificates.ks -storetype JCEKS -storepass passwd -genkey -alias http
- Enter the fully qualified domain name of the HTTP service host when prompted for your first name and last name.
- Create an untrusted certificate for the console proxy service host with the command:keytool -keystore certificates.ks -storetype JCEKS -storepass passwd -genkey -alias consoleproxy
- Verify that all the certificates have been imported, list the contents of the keystore file with the command:keytool -storetype JCEKS -storepass passwd -keystore certificates.ks -list
- By default, certificates are valid only for 3 months. To increase the duration, add the switch -validity number_of_days when creating your certificate.
- After creating the certificates, you must run the /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/configure script. This script prompts you for the SSL certificates. After you enter the required passwords, the vCloud Director service starts.